10 June 2016

BIENNALE

Everyday I'm at uni I'm discovering more and more how different life in the city is compared to that of the outskirts, and I've been so excited to show my new out-of-town friends just how wonderful Sydney really is. 

Every second year the City of Sydney holds the Biennale of Sydney, an art festival showcasing some fabulous installations all over the city, from the MCA, the Art Gallery of NSW and of course, Cockatoo Island. I must admit, the first time I visited the Biennale on Cockatoo Island in 2012 was probably the festival's best years to date. Having since lost funding, the festival seems to get smaller and smaller each year it's run. Either way, it's always an awesome day out. So naturally, I took my mates on a ferry ride through the harbour. Needless to say, they loved it.














Vivid Sydney has also just started, and fun fact: University of Sydney students (i.e. me) are involved this year with our films being displayed in Central Park Mall in Chippendale. If you're in the area, I highly suggest swinging by to check out the marine conservation films we stressed so much over. Also go to Circular Quay to see the best Sydney has to offer. You won't be disappointed.

xo Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment